Some time ago I was given the opportunity to be the curator/keeper/custodian of this historic car.
I like to think that, even if you own a car like this, your goal is to take care of it, and pass it along to the next generations when the time comes.
235,147 Chevrolet Camaros were produced in 1968. This Original SS is one of only 12,496 L48 SS Camaros produced that year, which represents only 5% of total 1968 Camaro production.
She was born on Thursday, Jun 13th, 1968 at the Norwood’s GM plant in Cincinnati, Ohio.
According to the original warranty booklet with protect-o-plate, she was delivered to Joe O’Brien Chevrolet in Cleveland, OH, and the first owner on a Saturday, Jun 29th, 1968, also in Ohio.
She is a True SS, All matching numbers, equipped with the following factory options:
- L48 350 small block V8/295HP.
- Muncie M22 close-ratio 4-speed manual
- Decor group
- Power steering (N40)
- Power front disc brakes (J52)
- SoftRay tinted windshield
- Lemans Blue Paint (UU Code)
- White front band, white fender stripes (D90 Code)
- Posi traction 12 Bolt (G80 Code)
Walk through and start up video (start up at 2:49):